Woad

From: goihl_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de <goihlk_at_CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 1997 07:23:11 +0000

Hy Gloranthans,
and especially Jane,
who wrote:
I was having a chat with a friend earlier this evening, and the discussion turned to those knotty little practical problems that RPGs so often overlook. You have your pot of Woad. In the valley below you are twenty Lunars, who you intend to attack singlehanded (and win, of course). All you have to do is strip, apply your woad, and charge. Question - how do you do the nice swirly patterns on your back? Without a friend to do it for you, that is?

Me:
Why doesn't the friend you are chatting with want to join you? We always do that sort of thing together. There would be no problem if you were alone tho, because you don't need to paint your back as only the Lunars will be showing theirs. If you just don't have a friend who will paint your back tho, I would be willing to initiate a friendship with you, so as to be able to paint your back. You could send me a picture of your back so that I can get a feel for it. I might also recommend Nick Brooke as being very good at applying swirly blue colors to ones' face.
To Nick; If I had twenty Lunars in my valley I'd share them with you.

Jane:
After a bit of thought, we came up with the idea of a slab of slate, or some similar smooth flat non-absorbant rock. You draw the spirals in woad on the rock, and lean back against it. (No, I haven't tried this.)

Me: Why not?

Jane:
Can anyone spot a trait pair that already covers this? I couldn't, but I haven't used the system in anger that much.

Me: Why not? And just what all else have you not done in anger? Head shaking

Violence is not just another option. It is a way of life. Daniel