A little more on HeroQuesting.... Just a little....

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 1997 19:44:37 +0100

I really like Alex's metaphor about HeroQuesting clearing a path through the jungle which has to be maintained. That's what the Gods spend their time doing: landscape gardening!

>> That cults are founded to provide that re-inforcement.
>
>Partly that, but also to _exploit_ the new reality (or the old one).

Yes, very true! I can imagine the salesmen: A unique oppurtunity to get in on the ground floor of an expanding, dynamic new pantheon! Yes, for just 1 POW point YOU! could be part of the growing theocracy that is the Lunar Empire! Get in on the ground floor! Dozens of positions still open from Trade God to Fertility Goddess!

Alex decries my insistence on mechanics for failed HeroQuests.

Perhaps what I want isn't rules but definite guidelines. I'm resistant to the idea that it can all be done by creativity and hand-waving though!

By the way, let me challenge those who think that a limit on the lifetime of Heroes isn't indicated: how many Heroes can you think of who did more than one major Quest? How many did more than two?