Grampa Arkat

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 1997 22:51:53 -0400 (EDT)

Alex Ferguson wrote:
:Good point. Thought the mantra "father's blood is short and weak"
:applies even here, I betcha; the notional object of worship in each
:case would be female descendants, particularly any Uzuz daughters
:and grandaughters of Arkat in the family tree.
Maybe not, in this case. Trollpak notes that Arkat's "son and grandson" were important. Apparently, in at least this case, the trolls thought the male line important enough to trace. (Though this *could* just be bias on ol' Minaryth's part). It might also be that Arkat had a few heretical thoughts about social relations among the Uz.

        HERETICAL HISTORICAL SCENARIO
  Wizened Female Uz Elders: "Well, Arkat, your last will and testament looks in order. Your daughters have to inherit, of course, as is proper."   Arkat the Boss Troll: "Oh, yeah? Who here has killed a god?" (Raises hand) "Right. Now, my son gets it all, sez me. Any of you mugs don't like it, see, you deal with me."

:In form, I think such worship is Bog Standard KL Stuff, give or take.
Yah. Through the local KL temple in most places. Or dominated by other forms of Arkati worship in some cases.

:Another point someone raised a while ago is this is a potential excuse
:for the Kitori being a single tribe; it may be that both the human
:clans and the trollish ones claim descent from Arkat.
Offhand, I myself would prefer descent from either Argan Argar or one of his offspring. There's a mention in the Revenant cult writeup in Tales that the OOO proved himself to be both a troll and a human; since AA isn't a troll (no descent from KL), it may well be that some of his less magical sprats were "full" humans or trolls. (Or -- horrors! -- ducks, or something similarly disgusting. Ew. I mean, the thought of having a duck as a cousin...)

Can't recall -- I think the OOO has been suggested as the progenitor of the Kitori on the Digest before.