HeroQuest, Maintaining the failure & Staying Mortal

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 21:45:19 +0100

Mike Cule is still trying to think his way sround this problem

>I'm coming to agree with you that (Will or POW or whatever) costs must
>be paid at the time of making the change. We need to do this to allow
>for bungled quests and changes that turn out to be faulty. I'm still not
>sure how to tie this in to maintainance.

Just a 'top of my head' thought, feel free to ignore/shoot down in flames, but maybe you have to dedicate the (insert name of mechanic here) necessary to make the change real _before_ you make the change. This ensures you can not just ignore the result of an unsuccessful quest. Of course the danger is that if the (mechanic) is also used up by your actions in performing the quest, then you may be unable pay up when the time comes. This, then, is the point where the hero is unable to return to any sort of meaningful existance in the "real world (I would use the term apothocizing here, but I am quite certain I can't spell it...)
| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |