Copyright (still)

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_fit.qut.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 14:44:18 +1000 (EST)

Stephen Martin:
- -..
> I want to point out again that Chaosium issued that statement because
> they _do_ need to protect their ownership of Glorantha. If they don't
> start doing it, they might not be able to in the future, as the Marion
> Zimmer Bradley example posted awhile back shows. I very strongly support
> this move by Chaosium.

I don't understand why Chaosium *needs* to keep the reigns on Glorantha? Why not let it become open? The people who currently rely on Greg are still going to, and those who don't aren't anyway. Sure, someone could then come along and make a porno version of Jareel and the Ducks or something... does it really matter? I can only assume that it matters to Greg. Any comments from Greg or Chaosium? Anything Chaosium publishes is *still* copyright to them so they can still make money on Glorantha.

(continuing to flog a dead herdman)
Robert McArthur