Rules Question -- Spell Targeting

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 00:33:45 -0400 (EDT)

Had a rules question, and thought a GM out there might have already encountered the problem and generated an elegant house rule. To wit, just how much "targeting" does a spirit magic spell require?

I don't see anything specific in the roolz (beyond LOS and range) about targeting; ordinarily, I doubt it really matters. But does a very fast, or very agile target "subtract" from a caster's chance to cast the spell against them? (Presumably, unable to "target" them and thus not casting the spell at all).

The question came up in terms of a flying familiar casting a spell against another flying creature that was actively dodging, just for a frame of reference.

James Frusetta