Worldly/Pious

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 15:07:57 -0400 (EDT)

Jane Williams:

<< The old Worldly trait was trying to be both this and "money-grabbing miser", which didn't work. The second of the two meanings is what applies to Issaries, and I think the Selfish trait covers it nicely myself. >>

    I see the point, but that wasn't the way we used to play it. We saw Worldly more as liking a lot of comfort in your life. So, yes, you would tend to be money-grabbing, but not necesserily a miser (i.e. someone who never spends it on anything much, just hoards it like Scrooge). Pious meant 'ascetic', which is kind of different from Generous, IMO. However, I agree that the trait needs to be called somethinf different, and maybe changed quite radically, to make all this much clearer.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky