Murjdah and Fonrit

From: Simon Bray <101635.32_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 07 Jul 97 15:48:42 EDT

Hi All,

 I really liked the idea of the god Murjdah as opposed to Zorak Zoran. I had used I similar idea for the hell god Shafom who is worshipped by dervishes. I think one factor that is important to remember is that many of the gods were duplicated by the God Learners and given two identies suggested in TotRM as being called the God Switch (IMO).
 I thought people might be interested in some of my other heretical deities:

 Ankimdu - God of Landowners and Farm Masters   Is the eldest son of Ernamola. He does not till the land, but possesses it. He won the right to do so in a competition with his brother Ennug who is now his eternal servant.

 Ennug - The Digger and Toiler.
  This is a slave cult that has become popular under the renewed faction. It permits slaves to gain more rights through hard labour. Ennug is depicted as a very happy and fit looking slave, usually toiling at the feet of the larger Ankimdu statue.

 Shafhom - Lord of Hell.
  He rules over the godless dead, the murdered and the ghosts of bad slaves. He keeps the furnaces burning with the flesh of the fallen and foolish. His demon servants are formed from the fire of usurped rulers hatred.

 Karkisso - God of the Firmament.
  He is the watcher from above who assure obedience. With his iron rod he guides the stars. His coomands can make the stars move in accordance to his whims, and to understand the stars is to understand Karkisso. He is worshipped by astrologers, soothsayers and savants. His castle is the polestar and he is Lightfore.

 Um-Oradin - Overseer of the winds.
  He is the master of the winds, he is an unpredicatable god, restless and vengeful. He holds in his ivory coffer the goddesses Baras, the Sea Spout Witch and Keruan the typhoon who he can unleash on his enemies. Outsiders equate this god with Orlanth, his main center of worship is the city of Sarro.

 Thola - Speaker with the sea.
  A sea goddess who permits communication between land and sea. As a cult it was influential during the closing, permitting communication between the islands via Thola's agents the merfolk. The cult has become mistrusted since the Malasp King took control of the coastal waters.

 Calari - The Dancing Leopard Man.
  Calari is the hunter, he hunts animals for sport, he hunts runaway slaves for the Massarin and he hunts the Selarni for the Jann. His worshippers are the secret police and the Jann's royal bodyguard.

 I hope you like them,
 Cheers Simon.