various topics

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 20:26:44 -0700

Simon Bray is sure a mult-talented guy. Not only is he a great Gloranthan artist, and has some interesting ideas on Fonrit, but he manages to post from a CompuServe account and not get '=' after every line...

Philip Hibbs wondered

> what the hell is an "English Muffin"?

It's similar to (but not at all the same as) an Australian Toaster Biscuit (no, that's not some kind of cookie). Both are similar to (but not at all the same as) a crumpet. Well, at least they're the same shape...

> I have to reconsider my opinion of DnD and TSR - Birthright is
> Utterly Brilliant.

I've skimmed it, and it in no way changes my opinion of D&D, which hobbles an otherwise fine concept. (I hope to have time to read this in more detail, long-term, clan/kingdom-level games have always interested me.)

> Doesn't KoS say that killing with a bow is always murder?

Not that I recall. (Secret murder is the bad crime. It was to Icelanders as well, so heroes always rode to the nearest stead and announced their killings, though sometimes obliquely.)