Re: Spirits, portage of

From: Robert McArthur <mcarthur_at_fit.qut.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 14:24:23 +1000 (EST)

> Another of those nasty little practical problems I could do with a steer
> on. One of Sartar's HQs according to KoS p218 was to do a Westfaring, as
> his crown test. He "contacted a great spirit: one that could guide and
> protect many tribes - which could protect a kingdom".
>
> Questions:
> 1) The easy one, I hope - given a spirit that size, just how do you get
> it home? Your average binding crystal isn't going to do the job, is it?

I'm only taking the easy one today :-)

either
a) dominate it and get it to follow you, dominating it again to put it into

   the Ram;
b) bargain or reason with it to do what you want.

Given it's Sartar we're talking about, almost certainly he bargained with it and convinced it to aid him. But, in return for...

Robert