New Contest, Stars, Jaldon

From: goihl_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de <goihlk_at_komma.fddi2.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 22:02:08 +0000

Hy Gloranthans,

page down buttons ready? GO!

Jane:> "goihl_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de" (how do you pronounce that, BTW?) Daniel: It's goihlk. Don't forget the "k". Alex writes:
  (Hi there!) Discussion on how to pronounce "Fahey" (will that be one syllable or two, sir?) snipped. Daniel:
I think Alex (big Hi There! back) is one of the better qualified to give intructions regarding the pronunciation of my name. I am at an unfair advantage in this contest, and so will keep quiet. It is done differently in Galway (where it comes from) than it is where I come from. I've seen it spelled "Fathaigh", as an example of how much fun scripts and their use in different dialects can be. I would be interested in hearing David Boatwright's pronunciation, altho he has a different Irish dialect.

Stephen:
Personally, I don't think Praxian heroes would seek, get, or even expect stars. I prefer crystal spheres and pinpoint holes, myself. Me: That doesn't mean we don't want them! Give me my star, Stephen, or you'll be sorry. I prefer the holes too. Give me my Star-pinhole, Stephen, or I'll..

>Joerg: Correct me if I'm
>wrong, but Greg has an uncle named Jaldon who is a dental technician.
Stephen:
Greg told this to me as well. I believe the relevant part was that his license plate for his car was Don Jal, though I could be wrong -- Oakfed was named in this way, after the license plate of the president of the (now-defunct?) bank OAKland FEDeral. Or so Greg said, we all know how he Daniel: Hey, neat! I never heard that with the license plates. Thanks.

Stephen:Whew! Five digests an hour, more or less. We have _got_ to get lives! :) Daniel: I've got a life! I live in Prax! I may raid your camp and take your life, and display your scalp to others at cons.

There is no Argument which cannot be Settled by Honest Violence! Daniel

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #26