Muffins, and aesthetic ascetics.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 15:02:48 +0100 (BST)

David Dunham, on what (Americans call) an "English Muffin": > [...] similar to (but not at all the same as) a crumpet.

Even within the British Isles, neither the terms "muffin" or "crumpet" have an unambiguous denotation, so I'm not sure I'm any the wiser. Is what's being referred to a small, sweet(ish) pancake of some sort? (At this point someone leaps up and points out how vague a term "pancake" is, most likely.)

TTrotsky rejects the capitalist trait of Selfish for those petit bourgeois Issaries types:
> Pious meant 'ascetic', which is kind of different from Generous, IMO.

Actually, that's a jolly good name for the trait. I hereby amend my earlier suggestion (a Piety passion, and a different trait pair) to Worldly/Ascetic. Just don't spell it like E. Gary Gygax, and Other Famous Game Designers (they know who they are).

Pedantically,
Alex.