A Tickle Too Far

From: goihl_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de <goihlk_at_komma.fddi2.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 06:22:03 +0000

My Very Dearest Gloranthans,

Nick wrote:
 I'll only add that a face shaped like Dan's = is crying out to have swirly blue patterns painted all over it... Daniel: If it were only that...

From: Brian Tickler <tickler_at_netcom.com>  I merely trying to clarify the situation for the RQ/Glorantha community as a whole.
Daniel: And have achieved just the opposite.

B: Many, many players (myself included) play RQ2 to this day, using RQ3 materials only as far as they can be adapted for use in the older system. Now that GtG is on the way, that situation will only get worse, as RQ2 and RQ3 players that refuse to switch are forced to adapt GtG materials to fit their games. D: No one is being FORCED!

B: What I was discussing was RQ
players' rights to continue to use the product they purchased if they  D: There can be no infringement of a person's right to use such a product they've bought. How could anyone come up with this? Did I misunderstand?

Nick: Then the said work could be submitted for publication to one of the
> established zines (Tales, Drastic Res), or sent here to the Daily, or
B: Pardon me, I mean no disrespect to anybody here, but don't you think it's even a tiny bit presumptuous for you to assume that everyone who wants to publish something would want to publish in Tales, Drastic Resolutions, etc.? D: Huh? I hope most of you are not reading this by now. Who hasn't wanted their contribution in Tales?

B: I'm sorry if your hackles were raised, but not everyone's were... D: We could have a poll to find out. I think it has been suggested by several people here that we don't need to see SO MUCH of this on the digest, and now I'm into it too. Can we please take this to the Copyright Digest? or personal combat? Nick, Stephen, Shannon; How shall we decide who gets to torture him?

To Brian: I don't want to keep you from writing this stuff, but PLEASE keep it short and reasonable. If I'm out of line all of you please tell me (beat me, kill me) but I just can't stand this pointless discussion anymore.

>From ??:

 don't call MOB cowardly or bigoted, some Austrialins are alright, and he's one of them.
D: Yeah! Who called my MOBBY names? Watch it Buster!

                                               Daniel "I Need A Drink" Fahey