Various

From: rhwolfe_at_ix.netcom.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 13:28:59 -0500 (CDT)

On RQ, Copyright, and Brian Tickler:

"goihl_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de" wrote:

>B: I'm sorry if your hackles were raised, but not everyone's were...
>D: We could have a poll to find out. I think it has been suggested by several
>people here that we don't need to see SO MUCH of this on the digest, and now
>I'm into it too. Can we please take this to the Copyright Digest? or personal
>combat? Nick, Stephen, Shannon; How shall we decide who gets to torture him?

Good luck. I've haven't been able to properly torture Brian since I stopped growing at eighteen and Brian didn't. He's the only person I know who probably qualifies for a +1d6 damage bonus.

I think Brian's main problem is that he'd love to publish his stuff in RQ Adventures, or in Tales, but he HATES RQ3 and doesn't want to translate his (excellent) scenario material out of RQ2. And nobody seems interested in publishing RQ2 stuff. I gather what he wants is to show there's legal precedent to publish as much RQ2 stuff as he wants, and damn the torpedoes. His logic seems sound to me... making it stand up in court is another question entirely.

To Martin Laurie, who wanted to be "dazzled" by my creative output:

You're just looking in the wrong place, man. Aside from my contributions to the digest as Cheiron, (who can forget "Body Piercing and Tattooing in Glorantha") my real creativity is on display on a weekly basis for all to see. Whether it's dazzling or not, I can't say.

On Frank Giles' Darksense = Taste proposal...

Far be it for me to jump in on a "what is darksense" debate, but I liked this. Still, "super-sonar" has always worked fine for me. Why not a combination of both? Super-sonar for vague shapes and metallic "pings," with the fact that it also conveys taste as an added bonus?

On the Secret Masters of Glorantha...

Glorantha is stranger than you think. Brilliant. But what do the Men in Blue cover up? Strange sightings of Airships that can't possibly be Moonboats? Weird abductions by non-humanoid visitors? Anal probes can't be all that scary to someone who lives in fear of being raped by a broo. How freaked out would the average Gloranthan really be by that kind of stuff? "Look, Svern, it's a strange glowing object in the sky." "Yeah. Must be some Bat Cultist on a Wyvern." Shrug. "Better go get the crossbows."

Another Broo Prince coming soon, not that anyone seems to care. <sulk>

Robert