Worldly

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 17:08:03 -0400 (EDT)

Jane:

<< Isn't this more like Indulgent? Like I think I said, there's a Xstianity  hang-up about ascetism being a form of piety, that really doesn't fit in  Glorantha at all. >>

   Well it's *like* indulgent, but not quite the same. Indulgent means you like eating lots of food, drinking lots of wine, etc. Under my definition of Worldly, I go with the sentence on p118 that describes this trait as '[indicating] great pleasure in mundane and profane delights such as fine clothes, comfortable furnishings, good music and poetry, and the best company'. Then, bravely ignoring the rest of the paragraph(s) in question, I change Pious to mean the opposite of that. Which, as you so rightly say, makes sense for Christians, but precious little in Glorantha.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky