Saintly Heroes

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 17:08:13 -0400 (EDT)

Michael Cule:

<< And I'm not able to recall an example of a Hero who dies on the Mundane  Plane and still goes on being worshipped (well, outside of Malkioni  Saints that is). Go on, deluge me with couter examples..... >>

    Why 'outside of Malkioni Saints'? In what way are they not Heroes? While non-Stygian Malkioni admittedly don't worship them as such, they act just like pagan hero cults from the POV of an impartial observer. Surely if we're trying to create a HQ system, we need to be able to explain how it works for Malkioni as much as for central Genertelans? I'm not saying we need great detail on Malkioni HQing (at least, not yet) but the system has to be able to at least cope with the concept, surely?

    The same goes for heroes with long careers. Even if they aren't very common, they exist, so that's something we need to address.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky