HQ quickies.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 02:17:55 +0100 (BST)

Tal Meta, amid Spurious Quoting (though as it was of me, I'm of course Secretly Flattered), comments:
> I realize that the HeroQuest debate will doutlessly rage on, but has
> anyone ever considered what kind of mechanics would go behind a
> GodQuest?

As I say at every possible point in this discussion, Difference in Degree. (If anyone seriously proposes GodQuest as a cap-cap-system, I reserve the right to turn purple and sputter.)

Michael Cule cites KoS, "The Court of Silence", to wit:
> 'What Happens When You Die' Greg mentions 'a HeroQuest Initiation'.
> Does anyone know if he haas ever explained what he means by this?

Not that I know of. From the context, I believe what he's saying is effectively "have become a Real HeroQuester (TM), by having established one of those ever-so-nifty Back Doors out of Hell". (Which is something he's talked about, though don't press me for references at this time in the morning.)

Guessing, and going home,
Alex.

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #34