Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #29

From: goihl_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de <goihlk_at_komma.fddi2.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 20:08:52 +0000

Hy Gloranthans,

Jane wrote:
The pre-polishing notes may well still be of interest,... ...But their unfinished state does not automatically qualify them as rubbish.

Me:
I see that Greg has started a lot of things, and then dropped them. Knowing how Greg sees things, I'd say he dropped most of those things not because they are rubbish but because he didn't see a way to finish them according to the quality he wanted, and because he doesn't have the time. I have seen enuf Greg rubbish to know that there is a bit of it, so I'm not trying to say he is a great genius and that anyone who isn't fascinated by his writing is an idiot. He said he stopped writing Harmast's Saga because he didn't see where it was going. I didn't find Harmast's Saga to be rubbish, but haven't read much of it.
The writing of his I find good is the Entekosiad and "The Huntress" in the Convulsion 3D booklet.
"Unpublished" doesn't have any other connotations for me, but I'm just an illiterate Praxian. How about shortening the designation to "unpubs"? "From Greg's files" also seems useful to me.
 I'm Daniel Fahey and that's my opinion. Now where was that mead bottle?