MOB is Ticked off

From: Michael C. Morrison 8-543-4706 <mmorrison_at_VNET.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 11:41:04 -0700 (PDT)

The illustrious MOB replies to Brian Tickler:

>Chaosium have produced a set of cheerfully reasonable guidelines which
>allow anyone to publish their own Gloranthan material and, thankfully,
>that's what just about everyone who wants to is happily doing.

You're right as far as you go, but what Chaosium (or AH) haven't done is produce a set of guidelines for publishing *RuneQuest* material. Producing Gloranthan material is fine, but if you want to apply that material to a gaming system, such as RQ, you're TSOL, AFAIK. Now, some RQ material, as an aside, does make its way into Tales and such, but it is becoming ever less common. So, where's the outlet for our RQ creativities?

I also second Robert's assessment of Brian's (unpublished) RQ2 scenarios. If we could be sure of producing RQ2-based Gloranthan material without fear of legal action (Martin's assessment of the Rq market share notwithstanding), Robert's right that Brian'd do it asap ...

Michael, who laments DS9's future ...

Michael C. Morrison   Santa Teresa Laboratory      Phone (408)463-4706
IMS User Technology   IBM Software Solutions       Fax   (408)463-3696
Lotus Notes ID:       MCMORRIS at IBMUSM50   IBMLink:  MORRISON_at_TORIBM
IBM Mail Exchange:    USIB47H4 at IBMMAIL     or   USIB4MCM at IBMMAIL
X.400 Address:        G=mcmgm; S=morrison; P=ibmmail; A=ibmx400; C=us