V5 #36

From: Bernuetz, Oliver: WPG <Bernuetz.Oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 15:39:54 -0400

MOB to Brian Tickler:

>>Many, many players (myself included) play RQ2 to this day,
>>using RQ3 materials only as far as they can be adapted for
>>use in the older system. Now that GtG is on the way, that
>>situation will only get worse, as RQ2 and RQ3 players that
>>refuse to switch are forced to adapt GtG materials to fit
>>their games.

>Surely you're not suggesting Chaosium should produce special RQ2 and RQ3
>versions for obdurate players of these superceded editions? What planet do
>you live on?

Probably this one, e.g. TSR did (does?) publish D&D at the same time as AD&D. I'm
not saying it's desirable but it has been done before. Working on your logic
Microsoft and other software publishers should abandon DOS and Windows 3.x apps right now...oh wait a minute I guess they pretty much have done that haven't
they?

Frankly IMO I'm with Martin Laurie and others who feel that RQ3 wasn't much of an
improvement systems wise over RQ2. A lot of the color was leached out of the
system. But then again I'm trying to give up on both and go to a different system
altogether. (We'll see if I can walk the walk as well as talk the talk).

MOB again

>PS Simon Bray - Glorious Conflagration of Fida'Is: *fabulous* - give us
more,
>more!!

Seconded.

Oliver D. Bernuetz