Less RQ in Tales?

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 18:16:52 -0400

Michael Morrison writes:

> What Chaosium (or AH) haven't done is produce a set of guidelines for =

> publishing *RuneQuest* material. Producing Gloranthan material is fine,=

> but if you want to apply that material to a gaming system, such as RQ,
> you're TSOL, AFAIK.

I believe not. Tales has always printed RQ material, has been advertised as a good source of RQ material by Avalon Hill, and was only once hassled=

(abortively) by lame-brained AH lawyerly types. Chaosium have no reason t= o
*prevent* anyone printing RQ, as they have no interest in the system: it'= s
not theirs any more. I'm not about to rock the boat (by reprinting great chunks of RuneQuest, for example, or pretending nobody owns Trademarks), but I don't think we're at risk when Tales prints its regular quota of RQ-based articles.

> Now, some RQ material, as an aside, does make its way into Tales and
> such, but it is becoming ever less common.

"As an aside..."

	"becoming ever less common..."
		Lemme see, now:

Two RQ cult writeups in the last Tales, plus three scenarios (one for RQ =

with stats, one for RQ w/o, one for any game system using PD's Traits)? More RQ scenarios with stats in all recent previous Taleses, including a traditional dungeon-bash by Jon Quaife? RQ spells for every magic counter=

from Nomad Gods? New RQ monsters by Sandy Petersen? RQ magic items in the=

Praxian Plunder contest?

What exactly were you looking for? If you'll tell us what you want -- or,=

better yet, write it for us -- there's a chance it'll see print. But you get dungeons and monsters and treasures and spells and encounters from Tales already: am I missing something?

Ah, yes: the rules...

::::
Nick
::::=