The Clock's Still Ticking...

From: Michael O'Brien <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 01:20:37 +1000

G'day all,

The Clock's Still Ticking...

Michael C Morrison:
>>Producing Gloranthan material is fine, but if you want to apply that
>>material to a gaming system, such as RQ, you're TSOL, AFAIK...

Though I have no idea what TSOL stands for, I disagree. AH never tried to stop us publishing RQ material in Tales of the Reaching Moon, and even advertised the zine in their publications!

>>Now,some RQ material, as an aside, does make its way into Tales and
>>such, but it is becoming ever less common.

If anything, since the colour issues it's gone up! Look at issue #13: fully 1/3 of the issue is devoted to a RQ3 scenario, stats 'n all. (RQ3 is the default system we're using in the zine, if only because it is familiar to most readers and serves as common ground regardless of what variants people might have in place. And remember, to all our non-English speaking readers, there is *no such thing* as RQ2!)

>>...So, where's the outlet for our RQ creativities?

Well, there's here for a start! Or Tales, or Drastic Rez, or Tradetalk... Or set up your own zine, website or fan publication. No one's trying to stop you; in fact, it seems Chaosium are going out of their way to encourage you. Though, as I said in my other post, ungrateful carping and endless nitpicking is only likely to get us a far less friendly set of guidelines. Shit, what if *actual lawyers* were brought in to write the next set of rules??

Cheers

MOB PS
Erik Sieurin - The Men In Blue - Brilliant: more more!!

PPS
David Dunham - I look forward to "Australian Toaster Biscuits' with Vegemite in a few weeks time! (BTW, I was staying with my other friends in Seattle a couple of years ago and they were a bit deflated when they bought these biscuits specially for me and all I said was "Oh yeah, we call them 'English Muffins' at home.")

PPPS
Thomas Gottschall:
>first I would like to beg Mr. MOB for his email address, since I tried
>all of them that were on the digest and all failed in some way.
home: 'mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au'
work: 'michael.obrien_at_actf.com.au'
Both were experiencing various difficulties last week. Normal service has resumed...

>From the Notes from Nochet files:

[XXIX.777.49.e/2.6] The ancient Dara Happan Empire had separate courts for property, personal, civil and religious offences. But whatever your legal needs in Nochet City, contact Espius the Pleader.