More about the GodKing

From: Erik Sieurin <BV9521_at_utb.hb.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 18:37:00 +0100

Nick:
> Note that Vulpes' scroll was surely numbered 'Ten', in an ancient Peloria=
> numerical system... (think Roman).

How did you know?! You must be one of THEM...

P. Metcalfe:
> Belintar revolts against the King of Heortland as the Evil Emperor
> and kills him. The land falls into anarchy. Belintar repents of his
> rash actions and brings him back to life and acknowleges his right to
> rule. The King then recognizes Belintar as the High King of Heortland.
Brilliant!

> This does imply that Belintar has to do the Full Lightbringers Quest
> but I don't think this is necessary. The FLBQ ressurects those whose
> bodies have thoroughly decomposed (Sheng Seleris, Arkat) whereas I
> envisiage Belintar's ritual as a shorter one which revives the King
> after a week or so in the otherworld. (Normal ressurections didn't
> work because of Belintar's magic).

Which served to capture the King in the Underworld - perhaps something he learnt by being the Year Son in Esrolia and having a close encounter of the third kind with Tykkoratekk.

"When the Pharao questions, you answer." Old Kethaelan saying
"The Owl and the Pussycat went to sea, in a beautiful pea-green boat..."
>From "The Owl and the Pussycat" by Edward Lear

Erik Sieurin
bv9521_at_utb.hb.se
Bodagatan 39, 2 tr