AH and Tales

From: Michael O'Brien <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 23:13:40 +1000

G'day all,

AH and Tales

Stephen sez:
>_my_ understanding was that Ken Rolston did in fact do the final layout
>and editing on Sun County as well.

Yes, this is correct.

>As I said before, AH pretty much gave Ken complete control over
>RQ, and trusted his judgement,...

Yes, Avalon Hill did trust Ken, and he repaid that with several excellent releases. However, don't forget that everything AH produced required approval from Chaosium, so ultimate control actually rested there*.

>...and so he was able to put ads for Tales in.

<sigh>, I've already stated that AH were more than happy for this to occur. Sorry if this disappoints some people, but Jack Dott did genuinely want RuneQuest to succeed.

Cheers

MOB *who knows, if Ken did have "complete control", maybe we'd all be playing 'RuneQuest: Adventures in Glorantha' by now...

>From the Notes from Nochet files

[XXIX.132134.westwise>32] "Which wine is the land's finest? This is most probably a matter of taste, but one of the most expensive is the sparkling wine made by the monks at the monastery of S. Markeno (a minor saint, only recognised only by the Rokari) on Pasos, from the black grapes that grow there and nowhere else. The magic needed for making this is of course a closely kept secret and is never written down. However, it is said in every bottle the monks imprison a very small water spirit. This causes the effervescent effect, and a highly original sensation as the undine is slowly destroyed during digestion." - Gorafan Westwise.