Maps

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 11:19:44 +0100

Joerg Baumgartner said some very useful things about HQ maps with which I agree. I can imagine that there are ancient scrolls in most temples, marked with lots of interconnecting arrows and clusters of Runes which show the paths that previous Questers have taken.

The problem starts, as he recognises, when the players decide not to follow the paths laid out for them and wander into the grey areas.

I suppose ultimately that this has to be left to referee discretion. You have to decide what happens when you throw away the planned script. You might want a random node generator though: something to say what sort of creatures and problems you will face at a particular place and how many paths lead from it... Hmm... Thinks: Maybe a use for the Gloranthan Tarot after all......