Dragonewt rebirth

From: were.ralph <were.ralph_at_virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 10:49:15 -0700

Nick Brooke wrote:

> Dragonewt player characters, by definition, are "barbarians", outside the=
>
> cycle of death and rebirth. They only die once, and don't come back. This=
>
> is the way Chaosium have always treated them in house campaigns. A "real"=
>
> dragonewt would be too bizarre and alien for any player to cope with: the=
>
> race is just not like us in any comprehensible way.

How, in the Chaosium house campaigns do you handle the 'progression' of Player Character Dragonewts, i.e. from crested through beaked, tailed priest etc.?
How can they 'transform' to their new form without rebirth? Do your characters remain in Crested form throughout their adventuring life?

I am also led to believe that Greg and Sandy have suggested that PC dragonewts' skills only increase when they die. This seems to be a harsh way of controlling a PC race, but then they are a race that cannot die! (Or maybe they can suffer 'final death' in some way? - RQ2 only mentions this when there is no Inhuman King)

Finally, it is now obvious to me that I MUST have a copy of Questlines. Is it still available? If not does anyone out there have a copy they would be willing to sell me?.....PLEASE

Ralph Plowman
were.ralph_at_virgin.net