KoS Herdmen TotMoLaD Dentistry

From: goihl_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de <goihlk_at_komma.fddi2.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 10:54:02 +0000

Hy Gloranthans,

From: Trent Di Renna <trent_at_injersey.com> Could somebody give me a quick summary of the events of "King of Sartar", just enough so I can understand what you guys are talking about? Thanks.

Me, Daniel: Why not just buy one, or are they all sold out?

From: <cpearce_at_Incite.com> (on taking new bodies to live further) occurred to me that anyone might be able to do it through normal channels by binding one's spirit into that of a herd man (or a normal man by first using Fix Intelligence).

From: <clay_at_Incite.com>
My good friend Chris brought up an idea about shamanistic immortality: could not a shaman in Prax take a young able-bodied Herdman with Fixed Int and possess him, thus gaining immortality?

Me: I don't want to spend ten hours a day eating grass and bushes. Do herd-men have human-like vocal cords? You'd have the advantage/disadvantage that you couldn't impregnate human women, as your body is that of a different species. If anyone found out you'd done that they would have enuf material for jokes for a long time.

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
: A vacancy in the throne of the Pharoah to the south drew off many of
: Sartar's best swordsmen and seekers, and the Lunar Empire seized the
: opportunity to invade the kingdom and sack Boldhome. The royal house
: resisted vigorously and received posthumous Hero recognition for their
: deeds. Any survivors were hunted across the world by agents and assassins.

This ancient source implies that it is possible to volunteer for a TotMoLaD, and that this was what all the Sartarite royals were doing in 1602. We know that many survived, and were hunted down by Lunar "gentlemen" after the Fall of Boldhome.

Me: I read it that the "survivors" who were hunted refers here only to the members of the Sartar royal house who escaped the battle or were somewhere else at the time, and not the "swordsmen and seekers". A few of the royal house could have been in the Holy Country participating in, or observing the "tournament" as royal representatives, but most would have rushed back home to defend their kingdom. I don't see "all" of the Sartarite royals going down for the tournament, but if so then why were most able to get back in time, but not others? Salinarg and co. were not at Runegate Fort tho, were they? Maybe they had been away, and only got back in time for the assault on Boldhome. More to think about...

Joerg:
couple of Argraths around and active in the years from 1620 to 1640. IMO Garrath Sharpsword rode with Argrath White Bull against Corflu and Pavis in  (If Jaldon my dentist hadn't cashed in the money I had planned for the flight to Victoria, I would address this and other subjects at the KoS panel... I hope Steve does without me.)

Me: But the money Jaldon took was very well used, for ribbons to decorate the herd-animals, and on beer.

Gotta go now. The Eternal Battle has just shifted in our direction. Daniel