Illumination and God Learners

From: Klyfix_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 17:48:26 -0400 (EDT)

Chris Bell observes....

> God Learners and Illumination...
>
> Coud Illumination have protected some God Learners from the wrath
> of the Gift Bringers? This may be important, as some of these very
>
> same Illuminated God Learners, or there descendants, were involved
> in the re-creation of the Red Goddess.

    I believe "officiallly" the God Learners were not Illuminates. Unofficially, I would think that some of them would most certainly have learned about illumination and its advantages and acheived it. I remember reading somewhere that the creation of the Goddess did have some God Learner aspects, but I couldn't find that during a quick scan of my stuff.

     Keep in mind that Sandy has said the God Learners changed something about Glorantha and destroyed their "secret". Surviving GL's would have to find new ways to manipulate the universe.

     I rather like the idea of a hidden God Learner being involved in the Goddess Project, and anyway, there must be surviving God Learners someplace; where else would all this post-Second Age material often condemned as God Learner-ish come from? :)

V.S. Greene : klyfix_at_aol.com : Boston, near Arkham...