God learners in Peloria

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 21:34:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi!

On God Learners in Peloria

>Then, there's a Staffordian Editorial Comment that just shocked
>me. It is (paraphrased from memory): "This is how the God Learners
>were able to demonically exploit [the Dara Happan cults]."

Incorrect. It doesn't say that. It said (in brackets) that this was ruthlessly exploited by God Learners. The brackets indicate that it's an objective comment and not one known by the Dara Happans themselves. According to divination to GS, the comment is a general comment and actually means that the God Learners exploited similar loopholes wherever they found them.

There was IMO a movement in Dara Happa that used some GL methods (but not the RQ sight or the Forbidden Secret). This was the Karsdevanic clarifications that was a reaction against Carmanian Orthodoxy. The Carmanians said that GL methods of enquiry was evil so the Dara Happans decided they must be good and so used them. They didn't exploit the gods but instead used their philosophy of finding out the basic facts about the Gods. However, the Clairification Movement ultimately lead to Dara Happa's defeat at the hands of the Carmanians so it's a has-been philosophy.

NB my hotmail account appears to be stuffed (can't receive messages) so I'm using the above address for now.