Irripi's beard

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cyllene.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 18:12:39 -0800

>I seem to remember reading somewhere a wonderful story about I.O. and how
>*she* was kicked out of *her* LM temple on suspicion of Illumination.
>Anyone want to remind us where it was?

        Presumably, then, the common misunderstanding that IO is a man, is due to Pelorian unfamiliarity with the LM custom of false beards. After her experiences with the Red Goddess, she casts off her false beard, revelling in the personal freedom granted by the goddess (but the Lunar historians that had been referring to her as a man, are too embarrassed about it to admit it).

        Cheers

                David