Ducks and feminists

From: Jane Williams <janewill_at_mail.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 20:35:47 +0000

Sergio Mascarenhas' Duck Mini-Pack : great stuff! Much better than those tired old Donald puns. I look forward to the explanation of who the Ducks worship today with great interest.

Simon Phipp on feminism:
> So what if the god is a goddess? In Glorantha these things are not
> important to normal people.

With my definition of "normal", I agree with you.

> As far as I know, there are no feminist movements in Glorantha devoted
> to the building up of Feminine Role-Models as there is no need -
In normal Glorantha, the bits anyone sane would want to play in, I agree with you. However, if you can stand it for a few seconds, take a look at the Solar "cultures". Then consider Yelornans, and Vega Goldbreath, and think how lucky you are to be Sartarite.

This is one reason why I disagree with some people's ideas on Vinga. They have her as a bra-burning feminist, and in Sartar there's no need.

Jane Williams                     jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/index.shtml