He's Bacccckkkkkkk! Oh Dear....

From: John Patrick Hughes <John.Hughes_at_aph.gov.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 16:20:06 -0700

A WAYWARD AND HESITANT SKALD RETURNS Hey Folks

If you don't recognise my name, please skip direct to the next post. :) After a quiet eight months, I'm pleased to be back on the list as a regular, and I'm feeling greatly reinspired bout things lozenge-wise.

Been an up-and-down sort of time for me, but after a rest in body and in spirit, and helped along by recent promptings from Michael Raat, MOB and Greg, I'm back into myth-mode (esp. the Far Point variety) with a vingan vengence. My major roleplaying focus the last 12 months has been Babylon Five, and I've been struck by both its similarities and contrasts to Gloranthan roleplaying in terms of both its transformative hero-stories and its essentially mythic underpinnings. (No ducks tho :((() Doubtless, something to rave about in future posts, tho you may well have to wait for the cult of Ivanova. Not, however, for lashings of anthropo-wanking :)))).

Current obsessions: Why Vinga HATES Elmal, (and why Elmal returns the favour), rune-shaped phalanxes, henna-ed heroines, the cult of Orlanth Dragonslayer, non-dualistic Goddess thinking, and daily life in bluefoot hunting camps. Plus ducks.

Its good to be back, and great to see so many familiar names again. :)

John

"There was a muddy centre before we breathed.  There was a myth before the myth began,  Venerable and articulate and complete.

 From this the poem springs: that we live in a place  That is not our own and, much more, not ourselves,  And hard it is in spite of blazoned days."

        Wallace Stevens. "Notes Towards A Supreme Fiction"