Romans in Ireland, etc.

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 10:13:57 -0400

Two excellent novels by John James have attempted Roman invasions of Ireland: "Bridge of Sand" and "Not for All the Gold in Ireland". I can't recommend these too highly. Read "Votan" and "Men Went To Catraeth" (by the same author), while you're about it. John James writes hilariously about the Barbarian and Civilised mind-sets of his characters, and plays wonderful games with mythology.

Nikk E writes:

> However, it is in ToTRM and ToTRM is (semi-)official.

Sez who?

Simon Phipp writes:

> Anyway, being Illuminated is not a problem anywhere in Glorantha.

It can be. Some people become mad, bad, or dangerous to know after Illumination. Cf. "Dorastor" for more.

BTW, a copy of White Wolf with the Yelm cult was auctioned off at the Canadian Con, just finished. There's good stuff in those Con auctions. I'll write more about what went on when I've slept...

::::
Nick
::::