"Good" Trolls? hmm...

From: Daniel McCluskey (Volt Computer) <"Daniel>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 08:12:59 -0700

As a devout uzophile, even I have to admit, that the Orlanthi are going to have a very difficult time seeing the "good" side of Uz. Uz consider humans to be food animals. Mind you, these are Dangerous food, and sometimes must be treated as if they were Uz... but Uz know deep inside that all non-Uz are potential food, and it's only a matter of time before we are strong enough to feast On them instead of with them.

Even the Kitori humans prolly don't see their Tribe-mates as "good" or "friendly." They do happily claim that the Uz are "on OUR side!" but I doubt that they would argue that you ought to let them foster your children.

The only time it is safe to hang out with a troll is when the troll is afraid of you (Xiola Umbar aside). If they loose that fear, you are food. Now, having powerful friends does count. So, a succulent baby is safe with the uz if all uz that see it recognize that the SIZ 26 XU/Subere priestess will Blast their soul if they so much as drool at it, but I would not like to stumble unarmed and (otherwise) friendless into a hungry band of Uz -- no matter how well I knew them or how long they had been my "friends."

Amongst themselves, the trolls are all under the protection of Kyger Litor. Mom will kick your ass into the sun if you kill one of her kids for food, however tempting it might be. NO ONE else is inherently safe from the dinner table.

Never trust a hungry troll.

danm