Pavis Wedding the Lunars

From: Dave Bailey <db_at_uk.hboc.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:13:41 +0000

        Simon was kind enough to start my education on the following.........

> How do they do this? Is it a HeroQuest, could be since they could need =
=3D
> to mess with the Myths or quests for a Myth that links Pavis with the =
=3D
> Lunar Pantheon? Is it a marketing ploy like Seven Mothers?

As far as I know it's simpler than that. You have a Priestess of the = Full
Moon in a shrine in Pavis. She prepares herself ritually to be able to = take
on the Form of the Goddess. The Priests of Pavis and the Lunar Empire negotiate a political deal, hammering out who is in charge of what. Then the Priestess of the Red Moon performs a HeroQuest (probably several in fact) and makes Pavis an offer he can't refuse.=20

I'm not up with the finer points of HeroQuesting but am I right in = thinking that they will be questing to create or find a myth that will = allow the two cults to be bound together? Will Pavis actually become the = husband (one of many?) of the Red Goddess or maybe married or to another = such as Deezola? Does the God have a choice? Can he interfere with the = Lunar questing to prevent its success? Could the Orlanthi counter quest = to prevent this? Are there previous examples?

Usually this takes the form
of magical gifts, new powers, influence beyond his own. Pavis can then either accept, in which case everyone is happy, or reject the offer in which case the Lunars fall on the Rubble like a ton of bricks and trash = the
Temple. Hard Choice.

Presumably the upshot of all this is that Pavis will have an Association = with one or more Lunar Gods (getting all the swapped spells etc) and be = ranked among the pantheon?

Dave.