Switching Off

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 03:27:59 -0400

David Dunham writes:

> Speaking of parties, a high point was seeing Nick Brooke
> simply switch off. Apparently he then passed back in and
> went on to another party.

This could be:

  1. An elementary shamanic channeling exercise
  2. Eight hours of jetlag from the UK catching up
  3. Sixteen pints of beer from Canada, ditto

In a perfectly monomythical world, of course, only one of the above would be true, and it would be obvious to everyone which it was...

Howard Fielding writes:

> When did Time become a god?

In the very first second of the year 1 S.T., one assumes.

> I don't recall Time ever being born as an entity.

See the accounts of the end of the Lightbringer's Quest in "King of Sartar", "Wyrms Footprints" or "Cults of Terror", or read the GoG Prosopaedia. Time is the child of Arachne Solara (Nature) and Kajabor (Entropy), an unusual divine being said to be ruler of the age since the end of Godtime.

::::
Nick
::::