Eating Babies

From: Simon Phipp <crassus_at_dol.ru>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 19:50:11 +0400

Eating babies:

To Sartarites, the following eat babies: Lunars, Chaos, Ducks, Dragonewts, Praxians, Trolls, Elves, Giants, Tusk Riders, anything in the Upland Marsh, Newtlings, people from a different tribe (especially those of [] tribe), Eurmali, Telmori, Storm Bulls.

To Praxians, the following eat Babies:
Other Praxians, Chaos, Lunars, Trolls, Elves, Dragonewts, Agimori, The Cannibal Cult (they actually do!), Unicorn Tribe (they actually do!), Strangers, Pentians.

We could go on.

Reminds me of the film "The Man Who Would Be King" where a village asked the Heroes for help because against the next village upstream because "they are bad people, they hurt us and raid us and every week when our women wash the clothes in the river the next village comes out and urinates in the water, making the clothes dirty". When the Heroes conquered the village of Bad People, they were greeted as liberators who would help them against the next village upstream because "they are bad people, they hurt us and raid us and every week when our women wash the clothes in the river the next village comes out and urinates in the water, making the clothes dirty".

Everyone eats everyone else's babies. Very tasty they are too.

> > Trolls Eat Babies!
> Hey! Have you ever *seen* a troll eat a baby? Just rumor and hearsay,
> spread by sensationalist LM scribes.

Actually, yes - a baby and a PC dwarf's arm and trollkin and an NPC elf, not all at the time but the same troll PC.

> The troll that saved you from chaos, for example, is a Good Troll.

Until he eats your babies - can't trust them, you see.

Simon Phipp <crassus_at_dol.ru>

Alf on eavesdropping "You crawl under people's houses, you hear things"