Glorantha Con V

From: Richard, Jeff <Jeff.Richard_at_metrokc.gov>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 10:22:12 -0700

Howdy all,

A quick report from Victoria now that I have more or less recovered from the experience.

First thing is first - apparently the Canadians keep herds of bunnies around the University campuses. These proud animals were filled with contempt for the people who wandered drunkenly about - indeed they altogether ignored us. My plan to capture one so that Greg could show the proper way to perform the Peaceful Cut never quite made it to fruition.

Moonson was a hoot! As the mighty Sultan of First Blessed I accomplished nearly all of my objectives and forced the feared Chief Cenobite of Danfive Xaron to prostrate himself to the People. I strongly recommend participating in this LARP if you have the chance in Australia or England.

Being one of the ref's in Malan, I now know what it feels like to run a marathon. Watching impressively costumed Heortling clansmen run around shouting, challenging, plotting and raiding made all my physical exertions worthwhile.

Debating in character with Greg during the Lunar-Orlanthi debates was definitely entertaining and rather illuminating, if I do say so myself. I learned a few new things about the Orlanthi relationship with Chaos - "that which destroys the world". I suspect I'll be typing some of this stuff up for Tales or Enclosure II.

BTW, Enclosure is in print and boy is it impressive! I won't repeat Nick's summary or Martin's table of contents, but let me tell you that it is definitely worth buying! I don't know who is distributing it - you should probably contact Neil Robinson or David Hall.

Finally, Nick Brooke, Chris Gidlow and I had a number of impressive revelations about the Lunar Empire and the Provinces which may see their way into print eventually.

Finally, it was great to meet folk like Peter Metcalfe in the flesh - and just as great to reacquaint myself with old friends. See y'all in Australia!

Jeff