Ducks and feminine plots

From: David Weihe <weihe_at_eagle.danetinc.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 13:29:49 -0400

> From: Sergio_Mascarenhas <sermasalmeida_at_mail.telepac.pt>
> Subject: Re: Ducks, Keets, etc.
> Concerning Michael Cule comments:
> >but I think that you have to account
> > for the existence of the Keets in the East Isles when you write a Mythic
> > History of the Ducks.
> Sorry Michael, I don't need to account for the existance of Keets. Think of
> it this way: do amerindians, which whent from Asia to America, retain any
> references to their distant relatives in Asia in their myths?

If you intend to do a DuckPack, you will have to describe them, as well. OTOH, TrollPack was rather cursory in its descriptions of the Ice Trolls, the Jungle Trolls, and those in the Kingdom of Ignorance, (not to mention those during OOO's rule, just a few centuries earlier), so you don't need to dwell on them.

A ethnographic report on the Dragon Pass durulz needn't mention them, unless the resumption of sea-borne trade has created contacts between the two kindreds (which I doubt, except for a few duck Lhankor Mhyists).

> From: David Weihe <weihe_at_eagle.danetinc.com>
> Subject: Re: A Gloranthan feminine plot
> the Gloranthan menstrual cycles are synced with the *Blue* Moon (Annila,
> aka the Blue Streak), not the weekly Red Lunar cycle. This is recognized
> in the Theyalan calendar, if nowhere else.

> From: <TTrotsky_at_aol.com>
> Subject: Lunar cycles
> barbarians are unlikely to know of. The Blue Moon, while it does influence
> the tides, has a period IIRC of 1-6 days (BTW does anyone know if there's a
> pattern to this?... ES is unclear) which has nothing to do with women's
> cycles. So why would anyone make the connection moon = menstruation?

Oops. I stand corrected. Is there anything that matches "monthly", then? Should the Theyalan calendar have "Courses" instead of "Months"?