Humakti Severing Ties

From: Dave Henry <thebeast_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 14:43:00 EDT

I said:
> It seems to me that in order to become a Humakti initiate, one would
> have to sever any ties to other gods.

Simon Phipp asks:
> Why do you have to sever all ties. Nowhere does it say that Humakti
> may only worship Humakt.

        It doesn't? I'll take your word for it, not having GoG handy here at work.

        For me, it just makes sense that that's the way it would be. The point of the Humakti gifts and geases is for the worshipper to better emulate Humakt. Humakt severed his ties to his kin. It makes sense to me that sever one's ties would be a way for a worshipper to emulate him.

                -Dave