Upgrading trollkin; eatin' kin

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 01:27:48 -0400 (EDT)

Nigel Phillips wrote:
> I was wondering whether it was limited to human to troll conversions, or
> whether other species could also become trolls.
Other species probably could become a troll, but there might not be an established procedure to do it -- no Heroquest path to follow. You'd have to adapt the Human to Troll path, or create your own.

> In particular, I think I remember that a very successful trollkin could
> theoretically be reborn as a full troll using this mechanism.
I think that trollkin that are upgraded are changed mostly in terms of soul -- intelligence (?) and POW are increased, but I don't recall there being a bodily change. Then again, no reason an ambitious trollkin couldn't quest to physically become a dark troll -- might just be harder.

Theoretically, if a trollkin can bypass the Curse o' Kin and become a troll, it'd suggest a full troll can bypass the Sorrow o' KL and become an Uzuz. Hellish difficult, if possible.

Daniel McCluskey wrote:
> However, this is exactly what I'm implying. The cult of Kyger Litor
> specifically forbids killing another troll for food. ANY other troll.
Yah. No killing of other trolls (those weedy enlo don't count). Except -- Karrg's Sons need to fulfill the ritual munching down of a relative (which *can* be a trollkin, but is apparently not limited to such). So there is a tiny loophole...

Sany Petersen
> Trolls even consider undead primarily in terms of food
Actually, I thought trolls didn't like to eat undead -- the non ZZ models were icky, and the ZZ creations were sacred.

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #87