Troll Food

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 05:49:11 -0400

James F's "kinder, gentler" Trolls:
 =

> Karrg's Sons need to fulfill the ritual munching down of a
> relative (which *can* be a trollkin, but is apparently not
> limited to such). So there is a tiny loophole...

Quite a big loophole, if you suppose Karrg's Sons existed before trollkin ever did. But this ritual devouring might be of a *dead* relative, not necessarily one slain by the Son in question, i.e. "the Karrg's Son must preside at a troll funeral banquet for one of his relatives every year". With the Trollkin Curse, the extreme interpretation ("kill one if nobody's died") would grow in favour.

It's quite funny, seeing Karrg's Sons as the undertakers and toastmasters  of troll funeral ceremonies...

> Actually, I thought trolls didn't like to eat undead -- the non
> ZZ models were icky, and the ZZ creations were sacred.

Sure, trolls would *never* eat "icky" food, James... :-)

::::
Nick
::::