Pavis/Lunars; New Stuff

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 15:38:30 -0400

Simon Hibbs writes:
>> It's likely priests of Pavis will be able to cross over as
>> associate priests of Lunar deities, perhaps getting into the
>> Red Goddess cult without requiring illumination. =

> I thought that was a requirement, regardless what your original =

> cult?

Yep, you're right. I was misremembering it as "Priests *or* Illuminates"; in fact, of course, you have to be an illuminate *and* either a priest or a pretty hefty Lunar ritual magician to worship the Goddess Herself.

OK, then: priesthood of Pavis would qualify you for membership of the Imperial Senate (Moonson Sage subcult). Plus one Lune to hang around the Pavis temple. And all the hallucinogenic red berries you can eat. And a souvenir prayer-mat from Torang.

Howard Fielding is feeling a little frustrated:

> I phoned The Wizard's Attic yesterday to place an order for
> everything I'm missing ... With the exception of TOTRM #16,
> NOTHING - absolutely NOTHING - was available...

In fairness, copies of "Drastic Resolutions Volume Prax" and "Enclosure" were only revealed to the public last weekend. I'd leave a little longer for the Chaosiumites to get home, unpack their luggage, carry it into work, and arrange their stocks, prices and sales with Wizard's Attic, if I were you. (If they're shipping it from Canada to California, allow even more time).

> I had a list of a dozen items that I am ready to purchase.

Hurrah! It's nice to know there's so much coming out, isn't it?

     =

> Does everything go to - and get snapped up at the Cons? =

Definitely not. Stacks of publications are carried off in all directions by distributors: the Con is a collection and dropoff  point for Reaching Moon Megacorp, inter alia. Very few items are only available at Cons: I don't know if the Rufelza pamphlet will be sold; my Songbook is always a free handout; the "Rough Guide to Glamour" was *so* rough we don't want to sell it to the general public yet. But most zines and books are available through the Megacorp and others -- see my post in V5 #84 for a *mostly* current product list from David Hall.

> What are all those Glorantha fans who can't make it to the
> cons supposed to do???

Order from their usual suppliers, allowing a little time for them to stock up on new products. It's the heart of the convention  season in the USA, with Origins and GenCon bracketing our Glorantha-Con; people in the industry are rushing around like ferrets with slow-burning matches up their backsides, without much time to sit down and take stock. (And the best staff are off enthusing at the conventions, so maybe the telephone  order service isn't as good as it might otherwise be; this is a charitable guess, as I've never rung Wizard's Attic).

Give 'em a week, then ring 'em again, is my advice. Or try emailing the publishers directly: they usually like making direct sales, as their proceeds are higher.

Volume Prax     Stephen Martin  <ilium_at_juno.com>
Enclosure       Neil Robinson   <neilr_at_gonzo.wolfenet.com>
Da Megacorp     David Hall      <glorantha_at_compuserve.com>

::::
Nick
::::