Ducks

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 22:32:42 -0400 (EDT)

Sergio:
<< Things are getting crowded in duckland. We have three different views on  ducks' origins till now:
 Michael Cule - Ducks are of the same species and have cultural and mythical  connections to keets.
 Me - Ducks and keets are of the same species but don't share any cultural  or mythical ties. (If I had to defend my position I would say that I base  it on materials published by Chaosium and AH.)  David Dunham - Ducks are a recent creation of the EWF.>>

      I have to say, while I like much of Sergio's recent duck work, I agree with Michael on the above. And funnily enough, I base *that* on materials published by Chaosium and AH. It's certainly possible to argue that the resemblances between what little is known of the mythology of the two races are all God Learnerisms, so I don't think either Sergio's or David's positions are necesserily wrong. And I also agree that keets and ducks seem to share relatively few cultural ties - although I'd expect there must be some.

    I'd certainly agree with Michael that if anyone were to produce a DuckPak, the keets could not be ignored (although they might be sidelined, since they probably aren't relevant to most people's campaigns). It would be like doing an ElfPak and then ignoring the embyli... TrollPak included the jungle trolls, and Moorgaki was described in Troll Gods, after all.

    That's my 2p, anyway.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #91