Drastic Darkness

From: Stephen Martin <drastic_at_juno.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 1997 23:25:30 EDT

To All:

Now that I am back from the convention and finally done with Prax (hopefully forever!), I am starting to turn to the next issue of The Book of Drastic Resolutions, which will be the long-delayed Troll and Darkness issue.

I already have a lot of material for this, and more which I hope to get, but I want to give everyone a last chance to participate. Anyone who has interesting troll or darkness material is invited to send it to me at my Drastic eddress (see below).

I already have a few cult write-ups, a bunch of spirit, hero, and demon cults, a number of Plunder items, and some great myths. I am seeking more of the same, and anything else that touches on the subject of darkness. High-level NPC stats (in a format similar to Lords of Terror), new types of fungi and dark elf brews, narratives by or about trolls, descriptions of troll ceremonies, darkness-related sorcery spells, and cultural information on trolls are all good examples of topics I am interested in covering. Those of you who I have spoken to in the last 18 months, and who were going to work on material, now is the time to do it!

I need to have all submissions in first draft form by the end of September. This will give time for editing and rewrites (as needed), arranging for art, etc. Because of the amount of material I have, I am unwilling to extend this deadline, even if I do not actually publish this January (my current, but likely-to-be-delayed goal).

Any and all questions, suggestions, and ideas will be happily received. Also, if anyone has ideas for the theme of the next issue, let me know. I am currently considering an Oceans and Islands issue, with as much of the Oceans Book info as Chaosium and/or Issaries Inc. will allow me to use, but that could change.

Thanks for your time and attention.

P.S. Contributors to Volume Prax, your copies will be in the mail this week if you did not get them at Gloranthacon. If anyone can put me in contact with John Dales or Brian Hebert, so I can get their mailing addresses, I would be most appreciative.

Stephen Martin
The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com