Drastic Reviews

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 1997 14:33:32 EDT

Thanks to MOB and Nick Brooke for their comments on Drastic: Prax. I am glad that my changes to organization and artwork are so noticeable.

MOB Says:
>though, as with the first issue, much
>of the material therein has been written or reworked and then edited by
the
>same hand (a consequence of 'Drastic' being essentially a one-man band I
>guess).

This is about 50% true -- when I end up writing about 1/2 of each issue (more in Volume Chaos), other material is going to end up reflecting that. However, I would be disengenuous (sp?) if I didn't say that I am a heavy-handed editor, with a singular vision of Glorantha, and my editorial policy will always reflect that. The more submissions I get, the less each volume will look like a personal-zine (much as the first few volumes of Tales were). But it will always reflect my biases. I always discuss changes with the original authors, and I will leave a good piece unchanged rather than lose it just because it don't quite fit my vision of Glorantha.

Oh, before I forget -- I received a total of three responses to my poll a month ago. For those who have forgotten, I asked whether people felt I should continue to use RQ stats, switch to something like Basic Roleplaying or Pendragon Pass, or what. Two votes were to stay with RQ until/unless a new game comes out. With a 2/3 majority vote, I guess I will. Sure does make Volume Darkness a lot easier, I will admit.

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com