Re: Ducks & Delecti

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 18:35:35 -0700

Sergio Mascarenhas wrote

> David Dunham - Ducks are a recent creation of the EWF.

I was only reporting a theory I heard second-hand at Glorantha-Con V. However, it makes a lot of sense. The EWF was known to be making beast men. Delecti was from the EWF. The ducks are usually classified as beast men. The ducks are moderately friendly with Delecti. All this makes sense if Delecti made them. Not my theory (I think it's Sandy Petersen's), but it makes a lot of sense to me.

Virgil Greene wondered

> is Delecti actually Chaotic as I've always assumed?

I've never assumed so. He makes zombies, sure, but one can be an evil scientist without being chaotic.

And the ducks aren't his minions. And he might have once been a nice guy, perhaps before he died. (I speculate he was a mad scientist, died for some reason, and was brought back to life by his grad students, using instructions he'd prepared.)