GloranthaCon VII Preliminary Details

From: robertson_at_delphi.intel.com
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 09:16:28 -0700

Gang,

  GloranthaCon V is done, GloranthaCon VI will be in Australia in January '98, and I'm announcing GloranthaCon VII. This will be a Chaosium/Issaries Inc.-sponsored con, and will be piggybacking off of another Gamne Convention. We are still hammering out details, but this is the current plan:

GloranthaCon VII
May 22-25, 1998 (Memorial Day Weekend)
LAX Wyndham Hotel (Los Angeles International Airport)

We will be working in conjunction with the GameX convention (they've already done the preliminary groundwork as far as the hotel is concerned).

My current plan is to have a Holy Country theme (since we haven't visited it before at a con), and invite GMs, Larp writers, and seminar dignitaries to contact me with a prospectus of what you might want to do. I hope to get a web page up and running on the Chaosium server soon, as well as a Chaosium.com mail account for the con. In the mean time, you can contact me at Robertson_at_Delphi.intel.com for updates, suggestions for events, offers of help, etc.

I especially need an estimate of Larps ASAP (since they take the most space and we need to negotiate for it), We can probably hold two again this year.

The standard games and events (Trollball, Auctions (lore and material), Glorantha Seminars, Pendragon Pass/RQ/Glorantha the Game (If it is out), Sing Along) need sponsors/speakers/GMs, and if you have a suggestion for a new event, let me hear it!

Roderick Robertson
GloranthaCon VII Coordinator
Robertson_at_Delphi.intel.com