last note on hungry uz.

From: Daniel McCluskey (Volt Computer) <"Daniel>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 09:48:39 -0700

I mostly agree with what is being said about the trolls, but thought I'd add just one more note.

Karg Son's cannibalism:

        This is one of the biggest (to Uz) benefits of being a Rune Lords of KL. I think that upon attaining the station, a Karg Son gets to actually Kill a Relative for food. This is thought of as a special sign of favor from mom, and a reward for loyalty and obedience in all else. Other trolls are Extremely jealous of this exception. (because as many have pointed out, It wouldn't have to be forbidden if they didn't want to do it)

        I may have to rethink things somewhat if this truly is a seasonal requirement (I thought it was once-only, but prolly failed my memory roll). Most male trolls just don't have enough relatives (even enlo) to kill off five a year. Even one a year strikes me as too many.

        The funeral officient is a wonderful idea. Though I just don't quite see a mighty rune lord settling for a slice of corpse he woulda got to eat anyhoo... This is probably a common responsability unrelated to the kin-eating.

        Now, I might pass off the monthly kin-feast as a common boast made to Bearded Human Types. You will note that KL ain't got no truth rune ;-)

aside:
I can't recall at the moment... do ANY of the troll pantheon have the truth rune? I'd been thinking for a while that Uz may be outrageous and constant liars, but havn't had much real justification for the idea outside of thinking it ought to be that way...

danm