Re: Upgrading trollkin; eatin' kin

From: David Weihe <weihe_at_danet.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 13:51:12 -0400

> From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu>
> In particular, I think I remember that a very successful trollkin could
> theoretically be reborn as a full troll using this mechanism.

If the "trollkin" is successful enough, all they need do is get a ruling that the Judge of Kinship (or whatever the office is called) goofed and called a small uzko an enlo. After all, if the trollkin is successful enough to think about Heroquesting, it doesn't need to (sever spirit beats a big club, and all). I wonder if unsuccessful trolls can be reclassified down (visions of Afrikaaner speaking trolls suddenly come to mind :-).

> Daniel McCluskey wrote:
> > However, this is exactly what I'm implying. The cult of Kyger Litor
> > specifically forbids killing another troll for food. ANY other troll.
> Yah. No killing of other trolls (those weedy enlo don't count). Except --
> Karrg's Sons need to fulfill the ritual munching down of a relative (which
> *can* be a trollkin, but is apparently not limited to such). So there is a
> tiny loophole...

TINY, HAH!! You can't kill another troll for eating (barring enlo), but you can kill her/him for looking at you crosseyed, or picking her/his teeth at you, or whatever. Of course, then, since the other troll is already dead, ... I mean, without the spirit it is not a troll, just another piece of meat, right? And it would be a shame to let it go to waste, now wouldn't it?

As they said in the movie, "That's one hell of a catch, that Catch-22."